Minecraft is a 3-D sandbox video game developed by Mojang Studios. The classic version of the game is free to use and is suitable for many different age groups. Players can build anything they like in their own little world and use various blocks to allow them to do this.
There are two game modes in the game, Survival and Creative. In Survival mode, the goal is to do exactly that! Players need to build shelter, find food, and make tools to help them survive. Players can build things and have a good time when in creative mode.
One of the things you might want to know how to do is make bread, this can help with your survival as we need food to eat. In this article, learn how you can make bread in the video game Minecraft.
Can You Make Bread In All Platforms?
You can make bread with many different versions of Minecraft such as Xbox One, Xbox 360, Java Edition, Windows 10 Edition, and Wii U. To find bread in the game check your Creative Inventory, the bread will be in a different category depending on the platform you are using. With the Java Edition, you’ll find it under ‘foodstuffs’.
What You Need To Make Bread
To make bread, you’ll need the following:
- 3 Wheat
Wheat is the only ingredient you will need to make bread but it cannot be found in the game. You have to grow it yourself. Wheat can be added to your inventory by farming with seeds or using a crafting table.
Depending on the platform you’re using, you may find the wheat under different categories in your inventory. For example, the Java Edition places wheat under ‘materials’ or ‘miscellaneous’, and on the Xbox One, it can be found under ‘materials’ or ‘nature’.
To make wheat, you’ll need the following:
- 4 Seeds
- 1 Hay Bale
- 8 Bone Meal
It’s not just as easy as finding some wheat on the floor. You have actually to grow the wheat from the seeds. You will also need water and a hoe to do this. To grow the wheat, you must follow these simple steps:
- Find an area of land that has water
- Hold a hoe in the hotbar so that it is in your hand. There are several different hoes, such as stone, wooden, or iron hoe.
- Hoe the land next to the water, the control to do this depends on the version of Minecraft (the blocks will turn brown and get ‘wet’ from the water)
- Plant the seeds by selecting them from the hotbar and planting them in the soil, and you will see them grow to full size by themselves.
- Fertilize the seeds with Bonemeal to speed up the growing process
- Harvest the wheat when it’s fully grown. When you harvest the wheat, you should see it floating on the group, so be sure to pick it up before it disappears
- Once you’ve picked up the wheat, it will appear in your hotbar.
How To Make Bread
To make bread in Survival mode, you should follow these steps:
- Open the crafting table to produce the 3×3 square grid
- Place three pieces of wheat into the crafting grid. They should be placed in the three consecutive squares in the middle row to make the bread.
- Once you’ve placed the wheat in the correct boxes, you’ll see a loaf of bread in the box to the right of the crafting grid.
- Now you have your loaf of bread, it’s time to move it to the inventory, and then you’re done!
What Can You Do With Bread?
When you’ve made bread in Minecraft, you can do a few things with it in the game. One is unsurprisingly to eat it, and the other is to place it in the composter. Hunger is a critical element of Survival mode. When you’re low on hunger, you may need to eat some food to replenish it.
You can seek foods such as apples or craft the food yourself, such as bread. Bread is a common food choice in the game, as wheat is readily available and easy to produce. Place the food item in your hotbar from the inventory using the controls related to the Minecraft platform you are using.
If you want to put the loaf of bread in the composter, you can turn it into a bone meal. To use the composter, you must place it in the hotbar (if you have a composter) and place it on the ground.
Add compostable items using the appropriate game controls; green layers will appear to indicate a new layer has been created. Once your compost has ‘decomposed,’ you can collect the bone meal to use on your crops.
The composter must have seven layers in it to perform the composting process. Add the bone meal to your inventory to use whenever you need it. Bread can be traded between farmer villagers and other villagers. Players can also trade something from their own inventory for bread from a villager.
The Bottom Line
Minecraft is a popular interactive video game that is composed of 3-D blocks and allows you to build things and battle other players. In Survival mode, you need to be able to find or make food to alleviate hunger. Making bread is super easy to do with some wheat stalks. We hope this helps and gives you a better understanding of how to make bread in Minecraft!
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Hunger Does Bread Fill In Minecraft?
Bread is a super reliable food in Minecraft, as the seeds needed to grow wheat are readily available in the Overworld. When you eat bread, it regenerates 5 Hunger Points and is super easy to make if you follow the simple steps featured in this article.